Muñoz Bonilla Maria Elena
María Elena Muñoz Bonilla was born in Mexico (1967) and she is a Mexican freelance photographer who has a unique perspective due to her professional formation as an architect.
Because of her innate curiosity she didn´t follow the traditional path of specialization. Instead, she continually researches different techniques of photography and extrapolates the knowledge acquired to her ongoing projects. Thanks to this, her work encompasses different genres among which documentary portrait, travel photography and astrophotography stand out.
Her work has been featured in several publications and portrayed in a variety of Mexican and international exhibits.
EXHIBITONS AND FEATURES
- “Lo Subjetivo de lo Cotidiano” - Collective exhibition. México, D.F. June 2012.
- “Story of the Creative” - Collective exhibition. Angel Orensanz Foundation, New York, USA. July 2013.
- “Las Otras Miradas de Tepito” - Collective exhibition. México, D.F. October 2013.
- 10 pages spread across the virtual magazine “Fotonáutica”. July 2014.
- “See-me Takes Over Times Square” - Collective exhibition. New York, USA. July 2014.
- “Art Takes Miami Exhibition” - Collective exhibition in Scope Art Miami, USA. December 2014.
- “Luminaria 2015” - Collective exhibition. Atizapán de Zaragoza, Edo. De México. February 2015.
- “Expo Naucalli” - Collective exhibition. Parque Naucalli, Edo. De México. May 2015.
- Several photos published in the digital magazine “Fusión Fotográfica”. Since July to December 2015.
- “Stories Within Images”. Collective exhibition in Scope Art Miami, USA. December 2015.
- Two page spread in the book “Paisajes Espectáculares de México”. December 2015.
- Collaboration on the book “Stories Within Images. A select of collection of work.” Miami, USA. December 2015.
- “Durango. A través de mi lente”. Two page article (text and photos) in the magazine “Travel Mall”. June 2015.
- “Mi Lente” - Collective exhibition, Atizapán de Zaragoza, Edo. De México. February 2016.
- “Naturaleza de México” - Monumental collective exhibition on the gates of the Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, Salitillo, Coahuila. March 2016.
- Two page spread in the book “Lo mejor del 2016”. December 2016.
- Collaboration on the book “Batopilas, Pueblo Mágico”. November 2017.
- Collaboration on the book “Lo Mejor de la Fotografía de Naturaleza en México. Vol II” December 2017.
- Editor in Chief of “Quetzalli”, the digital magazine of the CMFN (Mexican Nature Photographers Community). From 2015 to 2017.
- “Islandia. Tierra de Fuego y Hielo”. Eight pages article (text and photos) in the Magazine “Quetzalli. March 2018.
- “Las Canciones de mi Vida”. Mónica Meza singer. CD and booklet images.
- Collaboration on the book “México y sus Maravillas Naturales” (including cover photo). September 2018.
- “Art Takes Soho”. Collective exhibition. New York, USA. September 2018.
- Co-photographer on the book “La Educación Náutica en México”. November 2018.
- “Scope Miami Beach”. Collective exhibition. Miami, Florida, USA. December 2018.
- Collaboration on the book “Lo Mejor de la Fotografía de Naturaleza en México. Vol III” December 2018.
- Second place on the contest “FACES 2018”. Greece. January 2019.
- “Mo and the Stars Old Rock Circus”. Campaign for musical theater. June 2019.
- “México de mis Amores” (Mexico my Love)”. Solo exhibition. Animart Festival. Hydra in Motion. Hydra, Greece. July 2019.
Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/elenamunozfotografa/