The Achaean face depicted on the home page of this website is an illustrative example of a human being that has been... born of flames, which is the title of this year's photo competition Faces 2019. The contest attempts to approach and highlight those forms of men, women and children, whose color gives their image something gracefully distinct and rare. They seem like they are coming from tails of old well known epics. They look like they are painted by flames: flaming and non-burning. Τheir unique light illuminates the darkness of all cameras obscure. Find them. They exist among us like torches, challenging us to try –like another Prometheus– to steal their... fire, enriching this year gallery. The submision period will begin on the 15th of February 2019, waiting for your own ginger captured portrait versions...
Jury: Will be announced
Awards for the winners:
1st Prize and 2nd prize
Organizing a photo exhibition.
A photographic album focusing on Greece.
Submission Period: 15th of February - 15th of November 2019
Announcement of results: 15th of December 2019
Terms and Rules
1. All are eligible: professional and amateur of the art of photography.
2. Each participant can send up to ten (10) digital photos for preview in .jpeg format, 150dpi resolution (up to 4MB each).
3. The copyright of the photos belongs to their creators, as well as the responsibility of their authenticity.
4. The organizers of the competition are not in any way place the photos into commercial use, beyond the promotion needs (in print and electronic) of the competition.
5. The photos will be submitted exclusively in .zip or .rar via the registration form. The folder should be up to 25MB.
6. The filename of the photos submitted to the competition, should be the full name of the photographer and the title of the work. I.e. JOHN_SMITH_Unbuilt_Light.
7. The photos, which will not be printed, will be presented online for one year.
The participation requires a fee 20 euros to cover the costs of the organization of the competition, the printing of the selected photos and their exhibition.